Stadol and Migraines

F. Frank LeFever flefever at
Mon Jun 16 21:15:09 EST 1997

Theory-shmeory: do you have any data on DHEA/migraine correlations?
e.g. increased migraine in people with elevated natural DHEA, or
longitudinal studies with some temporal relationship between endogenous
DHEA fluctuations and migraine onset?  I'm not asserting there is no
relationship, but so far see no reason to take the time to read the

For what  its worth (sample size N = 1), I have had classical migraine
(fortification spectra, etc.) at relatively low frequency: late teens
through 20's, maybe 2 in 2-3 yrs?  Gradually increasing to perhaps 2-3
per year during period when endogenous DHEA declines in most men.

I've been taking somewhat more than recommended doses daily for well
over half a year, with no obvious increase in migraine frequency.

(n.b.: I've had no real HEADACHE for decades, because I promptly chew
up 2-3 Cafergot tablets before the fortification spectra pass)

Frank LeFever
New York Neuropsychology Group

In <33A59175.121D at> James Howard <jmhoward at>