CAMPDEN VIBROSLICE for Histology ?

=?UNKNOWN?Q?B=E4rbel?= Gauger gauger at TYTO2.BIO2.RWTH-AACHEN.DE
Fri Jun 20 04:04:27 EST 1997

Dear netters,
we are currently considering the purchase of a vibratome for
histological purposes. As far as we see it, the new vibratome from Leica
(VT 1000 S)is an outstanding machine - however, it is not exactly cheap.
We are therefore wondering whether the VIBROSLICE offered from Campden
is suited for histological sectioning as well. We are particularly
concerned about the precision of the section thickness at low (30 - 80
microns) thicknesses.
Has anyone ever worked with fixed tissue on that vibratome, and what are
the experiences?
Any information is greatly welcomed.

Many thanks in advance
Baerbel Gauger