Survey on QM in (machine) learning

Dan Ventura dan at axon.cs.byu.edu
Thu Jun 19 13:41:21 EST 1997

I am preparing to write a survey paper on the use of quantum mechanical
ideas (c.f. quantum computation) in (machine or artificial) learning.
Below are the papers relating to this topic that I have been able to dig
up.  The list is quite small and any other related references would be
greatly appreciated.  I would of course be glad to compile the final
list (if it changes) for any one interested.  Please send comments or
input to the email address below.  Thanks.

Behrman, Steck, and Skinner, "A Quantum Dot Neural Network", submitted
to IEEE Trans on NN.

Bshouty and Jackson, "Learning DNF over the Uniform Distribution using a
Quantum Example Oracle", Proc. of COLT95, 118-127, 1995.

Menneer and Narayanan, "Quantum-Inspired Neural Networks", technical
report R329, Department of Computer Science, University of Exeter, 1995.

Perus, "Neuro-Quantum Parallelism in Brain-Mind and Computers",
Informatica 20, 173-183, 1996.

Purushothaman and Karayiannis, "Quantum Neural Networks (QNN's):
Inherently Fuzzy Feedforward Neural Networks", IEEE Trans on NN 8(3),
679-693, May 1997.

Ventura and Martinez, "An Artificial Neuron with Quantum Mechancial
Properties", Proc. of ICANNGA97, to appear, 1997.

Ventura and Martinez, "Quantum Feature Selection in Artificial Neural
Networks", preprint.

Ventura and Martinez, "Quantum Associative Memory with Exponential
Capacity", preprint.

Dan Ventura                 | email: dan at axon.cs.byu.edu
Computer Science Department | fax:   (801) 378-7775
Brigham Young University    | phone: (801) 378-5498
Provo, UT  84602            | web: http://axon.cs.byu.edu/~dan