FDA "PIVOTAL" SAFETY STUDY: ASPARTAME CAUSED BRAIN SEIZURES, published in THE MILKWEED, Nov. l996 PERMISSION TO REPRINT GIVEN , BY , EDITOR, PETE HARDIN, THE MILKWEED, P. O. BOX 10, BROOKLYN, WISCONSIN , 53521 (fwd) (and regarding epilepsy FAQ)

Amanda Nicholas mdp96akn at Sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 05:45:22 EST 1997

Has anyone got any information on aspartame - related dementia in
diabetics. My thinking is that if aspartame causes such neurological
problems, then the dementia associated with chronic diabetes may in fact
be compounded by the excessive consumption of sugar substitutes. Does
anyone have longitudinal or cohort data on incidents of diabetic dementias
and prevalence of sugar substitutes?

I would be very interested to carry out post-doc research into this, so
all replies will be very welcome.

Cheers,

Amanda

--
Amanda Nicholas

The University of Sheffield, Department of Clinical Neurology, Floor 'N',
Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK.
Tel: 0114 2713158    Fax: 0114 2760095   EMail:mdp96akn at Sheffield.ac.uk
http://www.shef.ac.uk/uni/academic/A-C/cn/index.html