pegnancy+brain tumour+epilepsy

royllewellyn royllewellyn at ndirect.co.uk
Sat Jun 28 14:27:18 EST 1997

My name is Clare Llewellyn and in May of 96 I was diagnosed with an
 ongondendriglioma or at least i think that's what it's called.  It is
 very slow growing but what makes it unusual is its size and my age.  I
 am only twenty-eight and it is the size of a large lemon situated in my
 right frontal temporal lobe.  I have probably had it for about twenty
 years and not known of its existence.  I suffered major seizures three
in total since its discovery.
 Then last week I discovered I was pregnant, I had three fits within
 half an hour which was very distressing and so my medication - tegretol
 retard was increased from 400mg to 800mg a day.
  I was wondering if there is any other medication out
 there that can stop any further seizures and threat to my baby, I hate
 the fact that I feel as if i'm waiting for a time bomb to go off as my
 doctor and nuero-surgeon tell me that no more seizures cannot be
 guaranteed.  They have been great with advice, but this is not
 good enough for me and i would be really grateful if anyone can suggest
 anything to help me, give any advice no matter how small or if there is
 anyone out there that has been through a similar thing and survived.
Please reply to - royllewellyn at ndirect.co.uk