How can an engineer learn from neuroscientists

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 1 22:40:44 EST 1997

In <5f835o$24ba$1 at news-s01.ny.us.ibm.net> junior1 at ibm.net  [Bernie
Arruza] writes:

>Hi,
>
>I joined the New York Academy od Sciences, because membership permits
me
>to get books (annals-this word makes me very unconfortable <G>)
written
>by neuroscientists. Are there more groups of computational
neuroscientists
>(like Carver Mead's - California Institute of Technology) OR are there
>neuroscientists working with electrical engineers? What do they
publish?
>Any other societies that could be interesting to me?
>
>There is a huge void between the engineering disciplines and the
neurosciences
>and we all lose.
>

>___________________________________
>Bernie Arruza.
>IBM
>Boca Raton, Fl USA
>__________________________________
>__The_way_of_the_warrior_is_the___
>__resolute_acceptance_of_death.___
>__________________________________
>___________Miyamoto_Musashi_______
>___________The_Book_of_Five_Rings_
>__________________________________

Have you checked out the Academy's website? Among other things, it
gives instructions on how to propose Academy-sponsored conferences,
which will eventually be reported in Annals.

Do you KNOW of engineers who could collaborate with neuroscientists in
organizing such a conference?  Put bugs in their ears...

http://www.nyas.org

Frank LeFever
Vice-chair, Linguistics Section, NYAS
(past-Chair & current member of