Historical research question

Robert Harris rharris at thuntek.net
Mon Mar 3 01:58:49 EST 1997

Please forgive the intrusion, but I am researching an article on the JFK
assassination and have a very brief question for which I am seeking the
opinions of disinterested neurologists. I would be grateful if someone
here could take a moment to share your expertise on this issue.

Kennedy was struck in the back of the neck at the level of C7-T1, and at a
point one inch to the right of the spine. This appeared to be the cause of
an involuntary reaction in which his fists rose to his throat and his
elbows rose upward, above shoulder level.

Does a wound at that location seem to be a plausible cause for such a
reaction? If so, what range of reponse times would you expect between the
bullet strike and the raising of his elbows? Would you expect a reaction
within a fraction of a second, or would two to three seconds be a serious
possibility?

Any help you can offer on this question, would be greatly appreciated.

Robert Harris
--
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie-deliberate, contrived and dishonest-but the myth-persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.
(John F. Kennedy 6/11/62)

JFK Assassination Home Page:
 http://users.southeast.net/~bgoldman/jfk.html

FTP site:
ftp://ftp.southeast.net/private/bgoldman/