VR glove component needed

Mikkel Strøbech strobe at image.dk
Tue Mar 4 17:42:09 EST 1997

My friend is a design student, and he is looking for information about the
existence of a certain kind of VR glove-material with force feedback.

He is interested in the material because of its special properties. It must
be acting as a firm cord-extension for a lamp, but yet soft and flexible
when a button is pressed.

My friend is wondering whether a material exists, that can be stimulated by
electric impulses, so that it gets hardened or perhaps, softer. This is
believed to be used in haptic force feedback gloves in Virtual reality
systems of some kind, but we are unable to find anything using
websearchers.

Perhaps any of you out there can help?