benzodiazepine damage

PALENCIA GUERRERO CARLOS ALBERTO BI palencia at javercol.javeriana.edu.co
Wed Mar 5 15:02:31 EST 1997

I have been working with a new generation hypnotic and its effects on memory.
I would like to know if someone has conducted any research or has some
bibliographical info, on the cytological/molecular damage induced by an
acute or chronic benzodiazepine or other (imidazopyridine) hypnotic,
and where in the CNS would this damage be most restricted to?
Could someone point me in some direction with regard to the differential
distribution the GABAa receptors within the CNS (particularly the omega
sub-units).

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Insomniac.