Recent "memory molecules" announcement??

Mark James mrj at cs.usyd.edu.au
Wed Mar 5 22:07:43 EST 1997

Robert Cook wrote:

> Did anyone out there see or hear about an announcement during the last
> week in February by an (English?) scientist about some kind of
> breakthrough in the field of "memory molecules"? I'm not asking for a
> technical breakdown of the discovery, just 1.Did it happen, 2.Who did
> it and 3.Where? If you've seen anything along these lines, *please*
> drop me an email as listed below. Thank you.

I think you are referring to the discovery concerning
CREB and memory:

http://www.cell.com/cell/abstract/w0224.html
http://www.cshl.org/admin/pubaff/overviews/neuro.html

--
Mark James                                  |EMAIL : mrj at cs.usyd.edu.au|
Basser Department of Computer Science, F09  |PHONE : +61-2-351-3423    |