Looking for digitized brain slices

Michael Hucka hucka at eecs.umich.edu
Mon Mar 10 04:28:56 EST 1997

>>>>> On 9 Mar 1997, pvanvalken at aol.com (PVanvalken) wrote:

  pvanvalken> I recall that in the past few years an entire cadaver was
  pvanvalken> frozen and sliced every mm or so and each slice stored
  pvanvalken> digitally.  Does anyone know where to access that information?

Yes; this should be well-known by now, given how often it's mentioned in this
newsgroup.  I think you have in mind the Visible Human project, which has a
full human body scanned in slices:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/visible/visible_human.html

--
Mike Hucka    hucka at umich.edu    http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~hucka    University
 PhD to be, computational models of human visual processing (AI Lab)     of