Transgenic mice.

Joseph Cheer _ Coordinador de Neurobiologia. FINC _ cheer at javercol.javeriana.edu.co
Wed Mar 12 09:29:42 EST 1997

Dear sirs,

I am a Biologist who will start a PhD in Molecular Neuropharmacology
this fall. I am very interested in the use of transgenic mice (specially the
use of embryonic stem cells as a vehicle to mutate specific genes). I do
have some protocols but I have one question that seems to remain
unanswered. After pro nuclear microinjection how does the DNA template
integrate the host genome. Is it by homologous recombination? I would
like to know what the exact mechanism is. Could please shed some light in
this subject for me?

Thank you in advance for your replies