Serial lesions, ischemic preconditioning, etc.

Ronald Blue rcb5 at MSN.COM
Wed Mar 12 22:21:38 EST 1997

----------
From: 	F. Frank LeFeve

I know, of course of "experiments of nature", in which humans suffering
a second concussion years after the first typically have more (rather
than less) severe symptoms than one might otherwise expect.  I am
looking for animal studies.

If memory is created as a total interaction through out the brain
and the first TBI causes a reorganization over say a year to reach
balance in memory, then a second TBI should destablize the
reorganization and the OLD original memories should have potential
for recovery and significantly slow down the final reorganization
to reach balance in memory.

This interpretation would support Correlational Opponent Processing
in my opinion.  Ron Blue