graduate studies in neuroscience

mike chesney mchesney at uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 15 22:13:35 EST 1997

	I'm an undergraduate majoring in chemical engineering (I will be
graduating in December).  However, I am seriously considering making a
significant change in career plans--I am thinking about going to
graduate school to study neuroscience.  Quite honestly, I don't know much
about the field, but I have always been interested in the brain and learning.
I would like to do research studying the brain and the physical basis for
learning.
	Can anyone offer suggestions/recommendations about making the
transition from chemical engineering to neuroscience?   Or advice
about which graduate programs I should consider?  I'd like to have a
better idea of what I am getting in to by doing this.

I really need the advice of knowledgeable people.  Please share your insight.

Mike Chesney