oscilloscopes that interface w/computers via parallel port, etc

Gerald Pollack gpollack at bio1.lan.mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 17 08:39:23 EST 1997

>   mervin at execsior.net (jacob) writes:
>  I am a highschool student experimenting with crayfish giant axons, the effects
>  of chlorinated hydrocarbons and other substances on the axon potential and
>  firing rate.
>
>  I need some sort of storage oscilloscope, and am aware that these are
expensive
>  and not plentiful.  I saw an add for a probe that interfaces with a pc from
>  radio shack.  Any idea of the quality of this?

No idea about the Radio Shack probe, but another inexpensive approach might
be to use a sound card to digitize your recordings. I have a vague recollection of
an article about a sound-card and pc-based digitial storage oscilloscope; you
might check the Journal of Neuroscience Methods for the past year or two.