Brain Capacity?

Ronald Blue rcb5 at MSN.COM
Mon Mar 17 17:22:10 EST 1997

I have try to resist this unanswerable question.  Assuming memory is
quasi-holographic and not in flux or changeable then the capacity was
estimated by some unknown soul at storage levels sufficient to add new
information in for 50,000 years without problems.

The reality is that memory is changable so the capacity is a Gaussian
average of 50,000 man years over an infinite amount of time.

I remember reading this in 1970 while in graduate school so my
source is unknown.  The joy of this number is that you can encourage
students not to worry about over using their brains while learning
your material since there is plenty of room.

Ron Blue