TRAINING PROGRAM ON CARDIO-RESPIRATORY RESEARCH

PradipG pradipg at aol.com
Thu Mar 20 13:51:54 EST 1997

TRAINING PROGRAM

MEASUREMENTS OF CARDIO-RESPIRATORY PARAMETERS
IN RATS/MICE

In order to meet the need of scientists, researchers, and students, we
have set up a five day training program on measuring cardio-
respiratory parameters in rats/mice. The well experienced physiologist
Dr. P.K. Ghosh is going to teach the technique individually to all
participants in a class of three students. We will be able to offer this
opportunity only to four groups (each group with 3 researchers/
students). Each group will have five days of class consisting of
lectures followed by several extensive lab works using rats/mice.
The classes will focus mainly on the followings:

1.Measurement of Cardiac Output by thermodilution in rats/mice
including catheterization in different blood vessels.
2. End-Tidal CO2 measurement in rats/mice using Micro-Capnometer.
3.Measurement of respiratory frequency in unrestrained rats/mice
by plethysmographic method.
4.Measurement of oxygen consumption and CO2 production in home
cages and during exercise on Treadmill.
5. Lung function in rats and mice by carbon monoxide uptake test
(noninvasive).
The starting date of each course will be as follows:

Group I:		JUNE: 20, 21, 22, 23, & 24
Group II		JULY: 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Group III		AUG: 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5.
Group IV		SEPT: 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9

Please register early because of limited available space. For information
on registration fee and class schedule, Please contact Columbus
Instruments at

PradipG at aol.com
ph.: 614-276-0861
Fax: 614-276-0529