Need help: Guillain Barre

Brit Psych britpsych at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 20:37:04 EST 1997

I don't know much about it, but as a word of encouragement, my sister in
law had it about a year ago and she seems fully recovered (she is off to
go scuba diving this week!)

She was paralyzed for a time, both her legs and half her face.  She was in
hospital for about 2 weeks, and there is no known treatment but to let it
run its course.  It can get to a point where it stops someone breathing
and they have to be put on an artificial respirator, but that is not too
common.

It is a scary and unusual disease, but at least you have it identified.  I
wish your friend the best, make sure she gets plenty of rest, and I'm sure
she will get through this soon.

Grant