Explosive Books ( where can i get them)

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Mar 28 06:29:25 EST 1997

On 21 Mar 1997, KaveGirl wrote:

> In article <01bc2f0a$51d010e0$LocalHost at jonathan>, stephen.morris at virgin.net says...
> >

> >Does anybody know where i can get the milatery books that use to be out,
> >the ones that had really cool, explosives and timers, rockets ect.
> >Are there any of these on the net? If so can someone give me the www.
> >--
> >My E-Mail Address:
> >Stephen.Morris at Virgin.Net
> >

> As a former Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, I can tell you, if
> you want a quick way to lose bodyparts, go ahead and play with that
> stuff. Stick to Doom and Quake...and leave the real boom-boom work to
> professionals who know what the hell they are doing.

Seconded. I still marvel I survived my childhood (relatively) unscathed.
Experimenting around is doubly dangerous, since you stumble unawares into
yet uncharted pyrotechnical territory. No professional, even adequately
protected, will do that -- it's simply too risky. Now consider a clueless
newbie on that expedition. Ouch.

So save your friendly surgeon some work, and your health insurance some
cash, and don't go pulling a tiger's tail. Training seeing-eye dogs is
not cheap.

ciao,
'gene