Temporal Lobes

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Sun May 4 03:09:51 EST 1997

On Sat, 3 May 1997, David Longley wrote:

> [...]
> As  a  direct  consequence, most professionals  will  shortly  be
> saying goodbye to the internet newsgroups as a serious forums for
> scientific   discussion.  After  all,  that's  largely  why   the
> professions evolved reviewed publications in the first place.

Of course. Usenet newsgroups < mailing lists < moderated mailing lists <
peer reviewed nonprofit electronic journals < peer reviewed for-profit
ejournals < ...

Actually, nobody prevents a group of professionals coming together, and
founding such a peer-reviewed institution. I'm still amazed that so few
are actually doing it.

ciao,
'gene

|mailto:ui22204 at sunmail.lrz-muenchen.de |transhumanism >H, cryonics,         |