Amitryptiline, Seratonin, Epinephrine, and Lipid metabolism

arraton at dircon.co.uk arraton at dircon.co.uk
Sun May 11 04:59:20 EST 1997

Can anyone elucidate on the mechanism of
Amitryptiline in the brain? I am trying to evolve a
model  linking  Epinephrine deficiency, lipid
metabolism and Seratonin .
	Could epinephrine deficiency be caused by
an intracranial tumour putting pressure on the Pituitary Gland ?
	What I have so far is:-
Pituitary -> adrenals -> epinephrine->Epinephrine receptors
->cAMP-> triaglycerol lipase-> FA breakdown.

Also a separate pathway from Seratonin to Smooth muscle Contraction.

I am trying to elucidate a connection between the hormones Epinephrine
and Seratonin and obesity with the cause as a  slow growing , benign
brain tumour.
	Also, the chemical structures of Epinephrine and Seratonin
seem very different. Does this rule out an overlapping role where one
could (more or less) replace the other .

Any help much apreciated

RA Narton