Optimal neural condition for studying

Ernesto Garcia ergarcia at nyx.nyx.net
Mon May 12 08:18:24 EST 1997

Hello. As many others, I have my trouble going through Maths.
Problem is, I'm an engineering student! Math abstraction is actually a
natural way of thinking for me, yet most of the times I'm prone to make
silly mistakes in my math reasoning and problem-solving. Some times,
however, I do it perfectly well on mathematics, but I don't know what is
about my daily life and biochemistry that sometimes make me go so well, and
sometimes simply pulls me to commit mistake after mistake.

I'd like to know from a neurological point of view, what can make me more
or less apt for Maths. Everything from neurotransmiters to daily habits,
nutrition, etc.

Some extra info: I'm lefty, although most of my life I was forced to be
righty. I switched dexterity one year ago, when I was 19.

Please not my actual e-mail address at the bottom.
Thank you.
E.G.
 :/\\ :/\\//\\     iu193 at cleveland.freenet.edu