Surgeon Info Needed Fast

Billy Kutulas halcyon at cc.gatech.edu
Mon May 12 04:53:04 EST 1997

I need some information quickly, if anyone can give it.  My brother, who is
37 years old, is in the process of scheduling surgery for "c2-3
hemangioblastoma with intramedullary cyst at c2-3 and edema in spinal
cord from t2-c1."  The lesion is about 0.5 cm in diameter and needs to
be removed soon because of cystic compressive force being exerted on the
spinal cord.

My brother has been trying to find physicians in the U.S. with the
most experience in recent performance of intramedullary surgeries in the
cervical region of the spinal cord, but he can't seem to locate anyone
who could be called "experienced" in this.  He's called many places--including
Harvard Medical School, but to little avail; so far he has only found some
doctors in Florida, where he lives.  Unfortunately, these doctors don't seem
to have much expertise in the area.

If anyone knows about a surgeon highly skilled in this area, I (and
my brother, most of all) would be extremely grateful for any info you
could pass along.  Thanks so much for any help.

--
Billy Kutulas
halcyon at cc.gatech.edu