Mailing list abuse

Gunnar Blix blix at grendel.csc.smith.edu
Tue May 13 12:26:09 EST 1997

I am sorry I have to do this - I see no other option for figuring out
who is responsible at this point.

Someone, somewhere, has against my wishes put me on one of the above
mailing lists.  This is absolutely, totally unacceptable.  Furthermore,
they have used a derivative of one of my email addresses, so I can
neither "review" the lists to see if I am on them, nor "unsubscribe" the
lists, because it does not recognize my email.

I suspect that I'm not the only one this has happened to.  I suspect that
someone created this list, perhaps from participants from a recent
conference like ECML.

Whoever is responsible need to swiftly apologize and clean things up
before my and others' mailboxes get flooded with another few hundred
bounced messages.  Thanks.

Perhaps Patrick van der Smagt can shed some light on where he found all
the lists he spammed this message to as well.

					- Gunnar

Gunnar Blix					     blix at cs.smith.edu
Lecturer, Computer Science, Smith College   http://cs.smith.edu/~blix/