help needed to find a suitable topic in growth cone motility

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 13 21:59:16 EST 1997

In <Pine.GSO.3.95.970512220440.9464B-100000 at orichalc.acsu.buffalo.edu>
fzhou at acsu.buffalo.edu writes:

>I am going to write a papaer about the growth cone related topic. Is
there
>someone who can tell me the research progress in growth cone
>study,especially those which related to neurite growth and nerve
>regeneration?

    There is probably somebody at your library who can tell you how to
   do a literature search (e.g. a librarian), and what tools
   the library has for the search--e.g. Medline? (online or Ovid disk)
    e.g. plain old paper Index Medicus?

    See what the latest published work is, and then ask the group if
    anyone knows of something beyond this, not published yet (but be
    sure to tell us at what point you have reached in your reading).

Or some other topic that worth  to focus on? thank you!!

    It's like Beauty: in the eye of the beholder!  What's worth
    YOUR interest and time?  (Or do you want to know what the
    latest fashion is?  Don't bother: by the time you learn
    about it, it will be out of date; people will think some
    other topic is the hot topic.  Best to follow your own heart.)

    HOWEVER, you might want to browse in a "generalist" journal,
    like _Science_  or _Nature_ , particularly the first dozen pages
    or so.

    Frank LeFever
    New York Neuropsychology Group