Na Currents-Electrophys

Michael Johnson michael.johnson at m.cc.utah.edu
Thu May 15 10:12:05 EST 1997

We're trying to set up a system for recording Na currents using
whole cell recordings in response to various CNS drugs on human
neuroblastoma cell lines.
  At present we are having great difficulty adequately compensating for
the capacitative and resistive effects of cell and electrode in spite
of  coating our electrodes and using lower resistance electrodes. We
would be most interested in finding out what others have used in terms
of precise electrode type, electrode morphology, coating, and any other
tricks to improve recording quality.
Thanks.

michael.johnson at m.cc.utah.edu