Victoria/Queen's Birth/Dollard Day

Stephen Black sblack at UBISHOPS.CA
Sat May 17 08:43:33 EST 1997

On Sat, 17 May 1997 benoite at woods.uml.edu wrote:

> Here I was all set to wish you a Victoria/Queen's Birth/Dollard Day
> on _June 19th_ (that's what your signoff says - or is this a
> monthlong celebration?  Are Canadians _that_ glad/upset that Queen
> V. is dead and Dollard saved the empire/got away with grand theft
> that they revel for an extended celebration??)

:-(  (mortified frownee). I did it again. Dollard Day or happy birthday to
dead Queen Victoria takes place *this* Monday, not in June. Just think of
all the people around the world I've misled with my sig file. We are not
amused.

I'm mailing this to the two lists I subscribe to retract this slight to
our national calendar and to set the record straight.  And I'd better not
tell you when St. Jean Baptiste Day (aka the Fete Nationale) is.

-Stephen

Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: sblack at ubishops.ca
Lennoxville, Quebec
J1M 1Z7                    Bishop's Department of Psychology web page at:
Canada                        http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy

              Wish us a happy Victoria/Queen's Birth/Dollard Day May 19
                      (note correction to date)                  ^^^