noradrenaline modulation

cmspecht at acsu.buffalo.edu cmspecht at acsu.buffalo.edu
Sun May 18 07:06:53 EST 1997

dear tom,

i have been looking for a recent review myself and haven't found one...
have you tried these?

McCormick, D.A. Cholinergic and noradrenergic modulation of
   thalamocortical processing. Trends in Neurosciences 12:215-221, 1989.

McCormick, D.A., Pape, H.-C., and Williamson, A. Actions of
  norepinephrine in the cerebral cortex and thalamus: Implications for
  function of the central noradrenergic system. Progress in Brain Research
  88:293-305, 1991.

McCormick, D.A. Neurotransmitter actions in the thalamus and cerebral
cortex. Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology 9(2):212-223, 1992.

Foote, S.L. and Morrison, J.H. Extrathalamic modulation of cortical
  function. Annual Review of Neuroscience 10:67-95, 1987.

Foote, S.L., Bloom, F.E., and Aston-Jones, G. Nucleus locus ceruleus:
  New evidence of anatomical and physiological specificity. Physiolgical
  Reviews 63(3):844-914, 1983.

colleen specht