alpha waves

Kevin Spencer kspencer at s.psych.uiuc.edu
Wed May 21 11:19:39 EST 1997

Dag Stenberg <stenberg at cc.Helsinki.FI> writes:

>EEG brain mapping has
>improved with the computer boom. The journals "Electroencephalography
>and Clinical Electromyography" and "Neuroreport" are two that come
>to mind as literature sources, but there is more.

That would be _Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology_.  The
journal also has supplements covering evoked potentials and electromyography.
In my opinion, the quality of their cognitive papers has suffered greatly
in the past 10 years or so, but _EEG_ still seems to be good for methodology.
It probably has the most papers on EEG/EP methodology.

_Neuroreport_ isn't really an EEG/EP journal -- it covers all of neuroscience.
Some other EEG/ERP journals are _Psychophysiology_ (probably the best) and the
_International Journal of Psychophysiology_.  The _Journal of Cognitive
Neuroscience_ has a lot of ERP papers too.  I haven't seen _Brain Mapping_,
but I think they have a fair amount of EEG/ERP stuff.

Kevin
Kevin Spencer
Cognitive Psychophysiology Laboratory
Dept. of Psychology and Beckman Institute
kspencer at s.psych.uiuc.edu