Auditory Agnosia - Help!

Mark Fielker sydboy at netspace.net.au
Sat May 24 02:35:00 EST 1997

My 3 and a half year old son has just been diagnosed as having
verbal/auditory agnosia. Apart from telling us that the condition is very
rare the psychologist was unable to give us much information. I've tried
to find information on the Net but found very little - mostly visual
agnosia and mostly associated with brain damage!

Are there any good resources I can use to get information on this
disorder? I am particularly interested in what strategies we should adopt
with his education and to what extent his language will be affected as an
older child and an adult.

Thanks, Mark Fielker    mail:sydboy at netspace.net.au