Alpha waves

Hammond Hammond.Mixon at worldnet.att.net
Sun May 25 13:47:14 EST 1997

After reading several clinical EEGs every day for well over 10 years, it is
my opinion that alpha waves appear when the eyes are closed.. Although I am
prone to believe all sorts of things, and anything is possible, I
personally dont think anyone can say more than this about alpha activity. I
say this after repeated and daily experience.I have studied EEG for most of
my adult life and have a long list of publications in all the major
journals.. I mention this only because it always seems that it is non
EEGers(ie people who dont know what they're talking about) who make
grandiose claims.Somehow , the transfer of money is usually involved.
Actually this is the situation with any health- related "procedure".
Ed Hammond