Auditory Agnosia - Help!

Mark Fielker sydboy at netspace.net.au
Mon May 26 04:47:18 EST 1997

Thanks for your help. The au is indeed Australia, we're here in Melbourne
for one year before returning to the UK.

Pyschologist diagnosed verbal agnosia.

Jake scored very highly on non-verbal testing but significantly below
average on verbal. He has a good vocabulary but his comprehension is very
poor. Pronunciation is generally poor but sometimes surprisingly clear.
General speech is about that of a 2.5 year old, he is 3yrs 8 months.

We're searching for info partly to help us understand his immediate
schooling needs but also to have some idea of how much the condition will
affect his later schooling and adult life.

Thanks again for your time and effort, Mark.