Auditory Agnosia - Help!

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 25 20:33:23 EST 1997

Psychologist or neuropsychologist?  Verbal/auditory agnosia or word
deafness or--??  What aspects of language are intact and what parts
not?  What were the criteria for the diagnosis?  what is the actual
behavior?

When people post these pleas it would help (not just in your case) to
know where they are.  Resources for second opinions, ressourcers for
therapy, etc., etc., vary from one part of the world to another.

Is the "au"  in your address Australia?  what part of Australia?  I've
been there twice to present papers at joint meetings of the
International Neuropsychological Society and the Australian Society for
the Study of Brain Injury, and am confident that between the two, local
resources might be locatable.

I'm not AGAINST reading, but it is difficult for a lay person to
separate wheat from chaff and to evaluate the extent to which even the
wheat applies to the specific case at hand.

Frank LeFever
New York Neuropsychology Group