mere psychologists

James Woodson jwoodson at ucla.edu
Tue May 27 15:08:23 EST 1997

>Howard Olson  ????  wrote:

>> Despite the dogmatic statement above. Check with  mathematicians and
>> physicists, not mere psychologists.

"Mere psychologists" are the scientists best known for bringing behavior,
including memory storage, retrieval, consolidation, acquisition and
extinction into the realm of science in the first place, and are often the
only individuals left who bring their research BACK to behavior in the end!

" Hey, I resemble that statement...."

James C. Woodson* - Behavioral Neuroscience
U.C.L.A. Dept. of Psychology, Franz Hall
405 Hilgard Ave.
Los Angeles, CA  90095

"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient
solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."  - Jules Henri
Poincare

* Research in mechanisms and loci of sexual differentiation of the brain,
motivated responding, developmental interactions between nerve growth
factors and endogenous gonadal steroids, evolutionary psychology, & learned
helplessness.  All opinions expressed are mine alone, and do not reflect
those of the University of California, Los Angeles.

P.S. You may be able to find out more about me by visiting my web site, at
http://164.67.14.19