Quantum Microtubules?

pspangle at global.california.com pspangle at global.california.com
Mon May 26 20:51:23 EST 1997

In article <33889639.231F at mail.comcat.com>,
  cyphree at mail.comcat.com wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> Is quantum mechanics responsible for memory functions?  Is this
> occurring in the microtubles.  Is there credible research in this area?
> Who are the leaders in this field and where can I get more information?
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated!
>
> Doug

Memory at the neuron level comes from an alteration of the neuron's
internal chemistry, and (perhaps) later an alteration of its DNA as well.

Penrose & Hameroff have proposed at quantum mechanics in the microtubles
of the neurons is responsible for consciousness.

More on  this can be found at http://www.u.arizona.edu/~hameroff

Pat