Neuro-anthropology?

Phaedrus phaedrus at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 10 14:53:26 EST 1997

Arthur T. Murray wrote:

> Wrote edh at wilde.oit.umass.edu (Ted) on Thu Oct 30 18:37:44 1997:
>
> > I'm thinking of entering the field of neuroscience with a
> > slight twist...  I'd like to explore ways in which physiological
> > psychology might be able to shed light on social phenomena (hence,
> > my posting to sci.anthropology rather than bionet.neuroscience).
> > Has this sort of approach been tried, and, if so, can anyone provide
>
> > some good references?

Isn't this a largely the concern in the domain of cognitive science?
I've got a book here by Merlin Donald called Origins of the Modern Mind:
Three Stages in the Evolution of Culture and Cognition. I have to admit,
I never finished reading it, but it seems to be a discussion on exactly
these factors. Actually, a pretty good book from what I've read, and I
really do intend to finish it (so many books, so little time). Mr Donald
is a professsor of psychology at Queens University in Kingston, Ontario
according to the book's back flap.