pleading.....

Stephen Black sblack at UBISHOPS.CA
Wed Nov 12 22:00:04 EST 1997

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, us wrote:

> BaChompX at aol.com wrote:
> >
> > I don't know if this is related to the topic of this page but if anyone here
> > has any info on Terets Syndrome I would be very greatful if you would help me
> > out. I am doing a report on the disorder and am having trouble finding
> > information on it. If anyone could send me a URL or a web site I would be
> > much abliged.

> Isn't that "Turette's" syndrome?  Perhaps a different spelling would
> yield a more successful search.

Actually, that's "Gilles de la Tourette syndrome" (often abbreviated to
"Tourette syndrome".  Oliver Sacks has a remarkable case history of the
disorder in his book _The man who mistook his wife for a hat and other
clinical tales [see Witty Ticcy Ray"].

-Stephen
Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: sblack at ubishops.ca
Lennoxville, QC       "The great tragedy of Science--the slaying of a
J1M 1Z7               beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact"
Canada                -Thomas Huxley, Biogenesis and Abiogenesis, 1870
      Department web at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy