Temporal Arteritis

Marcello Spinella marshmallow at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 13 00:13:15 EST 1997

Jon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My girlfriend (17) is having a biopsy on Wednesday to test for temporal
> arteritis. The neurologist doesn't want to mention anything too soon
> regarding the outcome of the test, if it is positive.
>
> Does this disease cause you to lose vision permanently? If not, how will it
> affect her in later life? She suffers from terrible migraines as well. Will
> these ver go away?
>
> Thank you
>
> Jonathan
> (jon.datashuttle at global.co.za)

Regarding vision loss, it is possible to lose it from TCA, but not
necessarily.  My aunt has had TCA for several years.  She's had periods
of pain with it but here life is otherwise essentially normal.

Look under a search engine for sites which offer free medline.  With a
little poking around you can get a lot of info on TCA from there.