Best neuroanatomy references?

Marcello Spinella marshmallow at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 13 00:21:58 EST 1997

Mark Jordan wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm interested in getting my hands on "The Bible" of
> neuroanatomy if one exists. Can anyone recommend one?
>
> I'm planning to do some neuromodeling. Any references,
> both online or otherwise much appreciated :-)
>
> Best Regards,
> Mark Jordan.

My personal favorite is Carpenter's Human Neuroanatomy, edited by Andre
Parent.  Everything you wanted to know and more.

For the truly obsessive-compulsive (depends how deep you want to go),
there is Human Neuroanatomy by Paxinos.  This one is the thickness of
about 2 telephone books and contains everything except a catalog of
every individual neuron in the human brain.

Good luck!

Marcello