pleading.....

David Longley David at longley.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 08:54:47 EST 1997

> BaChompX at aol.com wrote:
>
> I don't know if this is related to the topic of this page but if anyone here
> has any info on Terets Syndrome I would be very greatful if you would help me
> out. I am doing a report on the disorder and am having trouble finding
> information on it. If anyone could send me a URL or a web site I would be
> much abliged.

It's Tourette's (as in Gilles de la) -

Back  in  the early 70s in was still controversial what  it  was.
Sometimes it was grouped under epileptic disorders because of the
tics,  but because of its responsivity to phenothiazines  it  was
suggested that there it might be a disorder of the Basal Ganglia.
These are a group of nuclei in the centre of the brain which  are
critically  involved in the control of motor output.  Browsing  a
good *recent* textbook on clinical neurology should give you some
idea of how the syndrome is understood today.

--
David Longley (check end reply line #)

Longley Consulting                                                  London, UK
Behaviour Assessment & Profiling Technology,
Research, Data Analysis and Training Services,
Small IT Systems                                http://www.longley.demon.co.uk