brainmapping :::NEW Ouchi illusion

Ronald Blue rcb5 at classic.msn.com
Sat Nov 15 12:53:06 EST 1997

Three of my students report that they see color
when listening to music.   They had an unusual report on the Ouchi
illusion.  First, they report seeing color in all three sizes of the Ouchi
illusion.  Normally, only about half of the people report seeing some color
and only in one of the different sized Ouchi illusions (1 1/2 inches, 3 inches
and 6 inches).  Not everyone reports seeing movement.  Also the subjective
color in Ouchi illusion would change if you move the illusion away from the
students who see colors when listening to music.
Ron Blue

      AUTHOR: Hine, Trevor; Cook, Michael; Rogers, Garry T
            TITLE: The Ouchi Illusion: An Anomaly in the Perception of Rigid
                   Motion for Limited Spatial Frequencies and Angles
     JOURNAL NAME: Perception & psychophysics.
       VOL, ISSUE: Volume 59, Number 3
            PAGES: pp. 448
             YEAR: 1997

Hello!

I finished my studies (medicine) at University of Erlangen-Nuernberg and
now I am working on my thesis. The subject is brainmapping of cortex
under stimulation with music, noise and spoken word with stimuli of at
least 2 minutes (not ERPs). I searched a lot for literature (esp. music
and qEEG/brainmaps) and I did get the impression that there is not too
much available, especially on Medline (which I am not so convinced of;
we did not find a friend's article published two years ago (FISH done on
malignant melanoma)). So I would be very thankful hearing of recent
research done on this subject. Also I would be interested in new ways of
treating data provided by raw EEG.
Last but ... I'm aware of emotions connected with listening to music,
for example, I think everyone has this experience, so I'd like to know
more about their influence on the EEG. Who knows where to find more
about this?
Thank you in advance,
Albrecht

albrecht.blumbach at erlangen.netsurf.de