Aspiring high school sophomore in low-aspiring environment

Chris Fields ctfields at inlink.com
Sat Nov 15 09:56:07 EST 1997

I want to get to CalTech or MIT or Cornell or some really good college for
molecular biology and I am just now starting to read med books on molecular
biology in my sophomore year of high school and this day, I am just on the
fourth chapter of a couple of these books...Am I behind or ahead if I wanna
win at least semi-finalist on the Westinghouse.  Does anybody have any
suggestions as to how I could appeal to the colleges in my area so that I
might have a chance at using their facilities for my research (possibly on
the cancer PTEN mutation).

Anybody, any suggestions?