pain picture

SG sgNOSPAM at ermine.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 07:39:39 EST 1997

Ronald Blue wrote:

> pain picture at http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~peprbv/pain.html
> ( I do not know if the site still exist.)
> I was showing my class the  picture that causes about one in ten
> people to report pain and they reported some interesting events.
> Before you rush out and use this demo, it can cause seisures and
> very bad migraine headaches.   So you should warn your class in
> advance.

Are those 10% who report pain are the same people who are more
succeptible to suggestion than others? Have anybody tried to compare
reports from informed and non-informed groups of subjects? In other
words, does this picture cause pain when people are shown it without
saying that this *is* a *pain* picture?

BTW, the site is there. I did not feel pain but maybe I was looking not
long enough :-) I saw the pseudo-colour though.

Sergei