Malaria carrying mosquitoes

Marguerite Devers medever at ptd.net
Fri Nov 21 02:39:27 EST 1997

Hello,
  I'm a science fiction writer working on a story about the new fungus being
developed to fight Malaria in the Amazon River Valley -- specifically Brazil
near Manaus.  Any specifics you might have about this methodology would be
greatly appreciated.  For example, is there any worry about poisoning of
wildlife that feeds on the mosquitoes?  Can you tell me anything more about
the fungus, other than that it is a specific parasite bred to kill off the
carrier mosquitoes?
  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Marguerite Devers