Wavelet analysis of EEGs

Philippe Lebrun nospamplease.plebrun at fysp1.vub.ac.be
Fri Nov 21 08:17:07 EST 1997

In article <NEWTNews.880038457.3239.crosley at crosley.tcp.co.uk>,
	crosley at tcp.co.uk writes:

>      All of which is a preamble to a further request.  I need
>      a  diagram which illustrates wavelet analysis of an  EEG
>      without any frills.  I see this as a diagram like figure
>      1 of M.  Akay (1995) Wavelets in Biomedical Engineering,
>      Annals of Biomedical Engineering; 23: 531-542,  but with
>      an  epoch  of EEG instead of the ECG shown  there.  This
>      shows  an  ECG  signal with below a  series  of  wavelet
>      analyses at differing dilations.  For EEGers it would be
>      preferable if the x-axis is time as it is there and  not
>      translation as it often is. Also the y-axis scale should
>      be frequency bands rather than dilation.
>
>      Can anyone help?

The easiest way to do this would be to run an EEG sample through
the TimeStat program. (assuming you can work in windoze)
(sunsite.unc.edu/pub/archives/misc.invest/programs/tstat120.zip).
It's very easy to use.
I know there are some databases for EEG data around, but have no
references on hand. I can send you rat EEG, but that might not be
what you had in mind.

-philippe