Help! Slipped Disc

Alan Fried albe at worldnet.att.net
Sat Nov 22 09:23:49 EST 1997

jacaustin at aol.com (JacAustin) wrote:

>I would suggest finding an experienced teacher of therapeutic yoga, who would
>teach you how to realign and heal your back.  Good luck!

That technique as well as the othe conservative techniques available (PT, Feldenkrais, Alexander, Rolfing, Massage etc etc
etc) can only go so far. it depends on the degree of herniation. If more than 25% of it is protruding it is unlikely that
that the conservative techniques will be of much help. But you can still try one of them for the next 3-6 months and if it
doesn't work then you know that you should go for surgery.

Good Luck

Alan