atlas rat brain?

Calvin N. Hobbes reply.to at my.sig
Mon Nov 24 15:59:58 EST 1997

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 18:21:27 +0100, Jean-Christophe Roux
<jcroux at rockefeller.univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:

>Dear all.
>I would like to know if it's possible to find an atlas rat brain with a
>structural ontogeny (embryo-adult)?
>Thank you very much.

Atlas of Prenatal Rat Brain Development
Authors - Joseph Altman and Shirley A. Bayer CRC Press 1994, 664 pp.,
ISBN: 0-8493-8993-3

This may best fit  most of your needs. Altman & Bayer have done
extensive work on tracing the development of many nuclei & subsystems
in rat brain using 3H-thymidine in the prenatal and  postnatal period
in the rat. If they don't have exactly what you want, they'll probably
reference it.

-Randall Braun, MS, Pharmacology (Although I'm not presently active in
this field, I did extensive reference research in this area for my own
research on the effects of prenatal methadone exposure on the
development of the opioid receptor systems in the rat during the early
postnatal period.)

[This is not a blank line]
*** Please send email replies to: randall.braun at gecits.ge.com ***