headache-diagnosis

koopatroopa at bitsmart.com koopatroopa at bitsmart.com
Wed Nov 26 18:24:48 EST 1997

I have been having generalized headaches w/ weakness occasionally on one
side, and most recently, general weakness. I also have "see spots"
similar to those when you look at bright light. Mild fatigue and muscle
soreness have been recent occurences. I had a CT w/ and w/o contrast, and
an MRI/MRA w/ and w/o contrast. Both were normal. My doctor has ruled out
Migranes because of the duration of the headache. Notes: My headache, and
visual disturbances were present but worse when I had preeclampsia. Is it
possible that I still have preeclamsia after giving birth (2 MO ago)? I
am 19 yrs old, generally in good health, overweight. What should the next
step in diagnosis be? Would a spinal tap be any more conclusive than a CT
or an MRI/MRA? Please EMAIL your suggestions to me. I really appreciate
any feedback.