Kelly & David Kydd traveler29 at
Fri Nov 28 23:13:39 EST 1997

As far as I know, calmodulin doesn't have any direct effect on synaptic vesicle "docking". The main
proteins involved are:synaptophysin, synaptoporin, synaptotagmins (p65..which may be a calcium
receptor), synaptobrevins (VAMPs), SCAMPs, syntaxin, the 4 isoforms of synapsins, and some GTP
binding proteins (including ras).

Of course, there are probably hundreds of others unknown, so never say never. A good brief review of
this is in the new edition of Greenfield's Neuropathology.

David Kydd