glutamic acid/NMDA question

John Mihic jmihic at bgsm.edu
Thu Oct 2 12:46:03 EST 1997

In article <610kop$r50$1 at fremont.ohsu.edu>, jonesmat at ohsu.edu said...

>Nonetheless, glutamate is bad for you and should always be avoided (that
>was just a little joke - I study GABA receptors, which are infinitely
>more interesting and important).

Matt, I'll have to remember to favourably adjust any score I give one of your future
grant applications to offset the trashing you'll undoubtably receive from our Glu-R
colleagues reading this thread.  I personally think that glutamate receptors are
critically important in almost all aspects of neurobiology (assorted
sounds of snivelling, grovelling and general supplication).  Can you guess I have a
grant application currently under review?

John

--
S. John Mihic, Ph.D.
Dept. Physiology & Pharmacology